Post written by Donald Swartz, President and Principal at Swartz + Associates, Inc. | Lover of Chiefs, Royals and golf | Avid “Cruiser” | Poker Enthusiast
The other night my wife and I were watching television and a commercial for Reddi-Wip came across the screen.
I just about fell out of my chair after seeing this advertisement, as I thought this was hilarious. Here is a link to the commercial.
How can Reddi-Wip take aim at me?
What did I do to deserve this, especially if you look into our refrigerator and see three cans of Reddi-Wip ready to cover any and all desserts?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
With sincere apologies to David Letterman and to Reddi-Wip, here are my top 10 reasons to discuss property taxes during the holidays:
10. Minimizing your property tax liability affords the taxpayer more money to spend on holiday gifts.
9. Nothing says holidays like family members comparing how much their property taxes increased.
8. Tax bills come out in November for the tax year.
7. Planning, planning, planning. It’s always good to be prepared for the upcoming tax season.
6. How many times can you talk about Macy’s Day Parade floats and balloons?
5. Detroit Lions football, really? I would rather talk about property taxes!
4. It’s a great opportunity to work on your elevator speech with friends and family.
3. Income, Cost and Market Approaches to Value vs how long to keep the turkey or ham in the oven? I know what I would rather discuss.
2. Discussion about property taxes enhances the “napping” process following the meal.
And the number one reason? (drum roll please)…
1. I’ve spent my entire professional career in the property tax industry…who wouldn’t want to talk about property taxes when given the opportunity?😊
As always, please reach out to me directly as I would appreciate the opportunity to represent your interests.
Happy Holidays to all. Enjoy your families and your traditions, but especially your conversations about property taxes!